Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Old Friends


We were over at my parents' house and my mom had gotten out a bunch of old toys that belonged to my sisters and I for Guinevere to play with. I thought it would be fun to do some comparisons. For one thing, I wanted to see the old Kelly doll compared to Princess Sofia and Chelsea.  
There were also a few small toy items that were surprisingly suited to the little dolls. We can't remember where the little slide came from, but the brown cabinet behind Kelly and little desk behind Chelsea were from Maple Town, a show I loved from Nick Jr which had toys similar to Calico Critters. The little table behind Sofia is Little Tikes, and I know I had little yellow chairs to match it. I had a matching kid sized chair so it was especially fun.
 And as you can see, Sofia is right between Kelly and Chelsea's heights. They enjoyed playing together.
Poor Kelly really needs a rubber band for her ponytail, but she's still enjoying the mini Little Tikes kitchen. I love that it's another tiny toy sized version of the kid sized Little Tikes toy. I'm pretty sure we still have one of these oldie but goodie kitchens in the nursery at my church.


No comments:

Post a Comment